1 cup of All Purpose flour
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Spray/grease a standard bread loaf pan
3. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
4. Stir in egg, milk, and vegetable oil until well mixed
5. Pour into bread loaf pan
6. Bake for 30 minutes
7. Check to see if it's cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center - if the toothpick comes out clean it's done. If it comes out with batter on it...put it back in the oven.
8. Cooking time will depend on your oven - can be anywhere from 30 to 40 mins.