1 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
2 onions (diced)
4 clove garlic (minced)
1 pound mushrooms (chopped rough)
5 tablespoon Butter
2 tablespoon flour
2 cup beef stock
1 can cream of chicken soup (Ready-to-eat)
1 cup Sour cream
1) In 2 T of butter, simmer the onions till browned on edges, but not all caramelized. Set aside
2) In 1 T of butter, sautee the mushroom and garlic till fragrant and soft. DO not brown. Set aside.
3) Brown the ground beef. Set aside.
4) In a good-sized pot, heat 2 T of butter.
5) Add flour, stir into a bubbly paste.
6) Slowly pour the beef broth in, stirring the entire time.
7) Once heated till thickened, add the beef, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
8) Add 1 can of ready-to-eat Cream of Chicken soup and heat thoroughly. Stir often.
9) Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through.
10) Server over pasta or rice
I make this with a full pack of broad egg noodles. Good times.
Tonight I made a double-batch with 3 pounds of leftover comp brisket. AWESOME.