Now brace youselves: This is not the healthiest way to prepare this dish, there's a lot of fat in the heavy cream, but my God it's good. Treat yourself, you deserve it!
Number of Servings:
Dinners for 5
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 bulb of Garlic, minced
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 640 ml Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 litre Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Garam Masala (http://www.eatapedia.com/recipes/Garam_Masala)
- 6 Chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 TBS Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBS Tandoori Masala (http://www.eatapedia.com/recipes/Tandoori_Masala)
- Melt butter in a large pot or Dutch Oven
- Slowly sautee onions and garlic until caramelized (about 15 minutes)
- Remove onions and garlic, set aside
- Add tomato sauce, Cream and Garam Masala, slowly bring to near-boil
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oil and Tandoori Masala
- Once the sauce is simmering, add the chicken.
- Continue to simmer at very low heat, with no lid.
- After 60 minutes, add the onions and garlic
- Simmer for another 60 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve immediately over basmati rice and along with Naan bread
- I am still shocked by how good this recipe is. It was incredible!
- Kids loved it. I mean LOVED it.
- Next time, I might try with coconut milk and evaporated milk to make it less suicidal.
- I added a small bowl of corn starch mixed with cold water to help thicken up the sauce right near the end.