6 can white navy beans
3/4 cu pketchup
1/4 cup Brown sugar (packed)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 onions (medium, chopped)
2 clove garlic (minced or chopped)
1 can Herdes Chipotle peppers
1 pound bacon (sliced into 1/2" long pieces)
1. Rinse the beans and drain
2. Fry the bacon till crispy, drain in paper towels and set aside (reserve 2 tbspn of bacon fat)
3. Fry up the onions and garlic in the reserved bacon fat till the onion is soft and translucent.
4. On a cutting board, pour out the chipotle can contents, and chop it all up.
5. In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the chipotle mess.
6. In a big bean crock (I used a roasting pan...a 9x13 glass pan would work too) mix:
4. and sauce
7. Bake in the over, covered for 1 - 2 hours. Take cover off for 15 minutes to darken more, if desired.
I know this isn't technically "quick", but it's quicker than soaking beans overnight, boiling and then baking them for 7 hours like my other baked beans recipe
Rinse the beans well, they kinda stink!
For Canadian readers, I buy these peppers at Sobey's, YIG, Roblaws...
I chopped my garlic instead of pressing last time