1 pork butt (~10 pounds & Bone-in)
1 pork rub
1 quart Pork Injection Marinade
Rub it down with your preferred rub. Some apply a coat of yellow mustard beforehand.
Using an injector, inject as much marinade as you can get in the shoulder.
Let sit, overnight if you can.
Smoke over hickory and/or apple at 225 for 12 - 14 hours, until internal hits 195 degrees (~1.25 hours / pound)
Let stand for at least 2 hours before pulling. (Tightly foil-wapped, in a warm cooler, is best)
* To sauce or not to sauce? - I sauce in small batches, as I make sammies for folks. But not the whole batch!!
* I used Bone Suckin Sauce (Hot) last time, and I even tempered some with some Old Ray's Apple Cinnamon for the kids. DELISH!!!!
* Leftover PP is an amazing meat, use it in Smoked fried rice, nachos, grilled cheese...it always brings BIG taste!
* Firlotte uses Pork rub on his shoulders, Thomson uses Old south pork rub
* I used to rub mine in yellow mustard.