1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried crushed rosemary)
1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (not dried) (BREADCRUMB MIX)
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh italian parsley (BREADCRUMB MIX)
1 dash kosher salt (BREADCRUMB MIX)
1 dash freshly ground black pepper (BREADCRUMB MIX)
1 Large Portabello Mushrooms about 5-6 inches in diameter
1 1/2 cup grated Asiago Cheese
1. in a small bowl whisk marinade ingredients (first 6 listed) together
2. wipe mushrooms clean with a damp cloth or paper towel Remove and discard the stems. With a teaspoon carefully remove the gills from the mushroom. Place the mushrooms cap side up on a rimmed plate and brush them with the marinade. Turn them over and brush the other side. Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes at room temp.
3. heat up the grill
4. Grill mushrooms gill side down until begin to soften (about 4 mins).
5. Brush the cap side with some more marinade, then flip the mushrooms
6. add Asiago cheese to each mushroom the cook for another 4 mins.
7. during the last minute of cooking place the bread crumb mixture on top of each mushroom.
8. once things brown up a little bit - don't overcook - remove from grill - serve immediately.
Grill: Direct medium heat/350-450 Makes: 6 servings of delightful portabello mushrooms