I mixed a couple of recipes and came up with this little ditty! This recipe makes a lot!
Number of Servings:
- 3 Cups Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3/4 Cups of milk
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Diced Finely
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tins of Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onions.
- 5 minutes later, add garlic and chilies.
- Sautee until onions are transulcent.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the mil and cream, stirring continuously.
- Heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomoatoes and mix well.
- 1/2 cup at a time, add the cheese. Stir in to meklt, and add another 1/2 cup. And so on.
- Once the sauce is thick and cheese all melted, stir in the sour cream.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or bread.
If I didn't have kids, I would sautee a couple of chopped jalapenos in with the onions.