1/4 cup Butter
2 Celery ribs
1/2 pound mushrooms
2 teaspoon dried savoury
2 teaspoon Driaed Sage
1/2 teaspoon Salt
5 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
10 bacon strips
3 tablespoon Eatapedia's Turkey Seasoning (http://www.eatapedia.com/recipes/turkey_seasoning)
1) In a pan, melt the butter and sautee the onions and celery till a little soft.
2) Add mushrooms, savoury, sage, salt and pepper.
(You are just softening these, not browning and of the ingredients)
3) Set aside
4) Filet out the chicken breasts
5) Spread the onion mixture over the chicken breasts
6) Roll the breast up nice and tight, tucking in the ends.
7) Roll the rolled chicken in the Turkey Seasoning.
8) Wrap in 2 or 3 slices of bacon (Bacon wraps MUCH easier when at room temperature, by the way)
9) Smoke for 3 hours at 180 - 225, until the internal temp is 185 and the bacon is grogeous.
10) Rest for 5 minutes
11) Slice at an angle, or serve whole
Cranberry as a garnish really brings it all together
You could do these in an oven, using the same technique. Dont cook so high that the chicken is ready before the bacon though!
These taste like Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, in one bite!
No reason why you couldn't use turkey here...