6 chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
1 Chipotle chicken rub
3 sliceblack forest ham
6 cheese curds (or other cheese that wont get too runny)
2 tablespoonFresh chives (chopped)
12 slices of bacon
1. De-bone the 12chicken thighs.
2. Hold the open thigh, skin side down in the palm of your hand. Liberally shake rub over thigh meat. Put aside.
3. Roll some cheese and chives up in some ham.
4. Wrap the ham with the seasoned side of the chicken thigh.
5. Wrap the thigh with two slice of bacon, one in each direction.
6. Smoke over hickory for 1 hour.
7. Increase temperature to 275 - 325 for another hour.
8. Triads are cooked when chicken reaches 180 degrees.
* The pictures show the portions I used...and I found that to be too much ham. I will halve those slices next time
* My friend suggested I apply some dijon mustard between the ham and the chicken...I will definitely try that!
* For my first shot at something like this, and just basically winging these (no pun intended), they were pretty damn good!!