20 slices of bacon
1/4 cup peanuts (chopped)
1 cup Butter (softened)
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 3/4 cup flour
1 egg white (for frosting)
1 cup maple syrup (for frosting)
1 pinch Salt (for frosting)
1) Fry the bacon till crisp. Chop 15 strips up and crumble. Set aside. Break up remaining into small pieces for garnish, and set aside.
2) Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda.
3) Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
4) Add vanilla and 1 egg.
5) Add the dry ingredients, and mix well.
6) Add bacon and peanuts.
7) Roll dough into small balls, 36 in total.
8) Lay out on a cookie sheet and press gently on center of cookie, but not to flatten.
9) Bake at 375 for 9 minutes, then set a side for 2 more minutes before removing from the sheet.
1) Boil maple syrup until it spins a thread (232F on candy thermometer or Thermapen).
2) Pour slowly over the stiffly beaten salted egg whites, beating constantly with hand mixer or wire whisk.
3) Continue beating until mixture is stiff enough to stand up in soft peaks.
Ice the cookies with the frosting, garnish with remaining bacon and serve!